The University of Abuja is one of Nigeria’s federal government-owned universities. It was founded in the year 1988, and is located in Gwagwalada, Abuja – Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory. Also known as UNIABUJA, the current Vice-Chancellor of the university is Professor Michael Umale Adikwu. The university also boasts of up to several thousands of students and alumni.
UNIABUJA is affiliated with the National Universities Commission (NUC), and they are also affiliated with a number of other bodies locally and internationally.
Courses Offered in University of Abuja
The university runs regular degree, diploma, and postgraduate programmes. Due to its location in the Federal Capital Territory has a Centre for Distance Learning School which provides university education to those who cannot acquire such education through the regular university system and those interested in acquiring new knowledge and specialized skills.
- College of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Courses / Departments in UNIABUJA:
- Accountancy / Accounting
- Agricultural Science and Education
- Arabic Studies
- Banking and Finance (Mgt)
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Christian Religious Knowledge / Studies
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Drama / Dramatic / Performing Arts
- Education and Arabic
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Christian Religious Studies
- Education and Economics
- Education and Geography
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Islamic Studies
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Education and Social Studies
- Electrical Engineering
- English and Literary Studies
- Environmental Education
- Guidance and Counseling
- Islamic Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medicine and Surgery
- Political Science and International Relations
- Primary Education Studies
- Public Administration
- Veterinary Medicine
University of Abuja Admission Process
General Admission Requirements for First Degrees
An applicant to the University of Abuja for a first degree must satisfy all faculty and departmental requirements as stated below. In addition, the applicant must possess the following minimum qualifications for admission:
- 100 level: Candidate must possess Senior Secondary School Certificate or equivalents with credits in five subjects in not more than two sittings. A candidate must in addition have an acceptable score in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Examination or a Diploma, NCE with at least lower credit.
- 200 level: a candidate must possess two A’Level passes or equivalents in addition to credits in three other subjects at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations or equivalents or a Diploma, NCE with at least Upper Credit
In all cases, O’Level credit in English Language is required. In addition, a credit in Mathematics is required for all science-based specializations, Accounting, Sociology, Geography, and Economics.
- Only UTME/DE candidates who selected University of Abuja are eligible for Pre-Admission Screening.
- UTME candidates must have scored a minimum of 180 and made University of Abuja First Choice Institution to be eligible for Pre-Admission Screening.
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- All Candidates for undergraduate studies in the University of Abuja must have obtained at least five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics in addition to three relevant subjects at not more than two sittings in WASC, NECO, NABTEB, GCE (Ordinary Level) or their equivalent.
- UTME Candidates must have the required subject combination.
iii. Candidates seeking Direct Entry admission into any of the undergraduate programmes must possess Advanced Level Results with passes in relevant subjects; ND or HND at Lower Credit or Upper Credit or above; N.C.E.; University Degree.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- UTME candidates who do not have UTME or O’Level subject combination may apply for a change of course to another course whose requirements they have met, subject to availability of vacancies.
- Any error in the application by applicants would attract extra charges.
- Multiple applications are not allowed; however, candidates who have applied for both UTME and DE will be required to the respective application fees and the forms filled in separately.
- Error in the completion and submission of forms during the process of application would lead to loss of application processing for the academic session.
- Statements of Result of upward of four (4) years will not be accepted for admission screening (candidates should therefore obtain their certificates from the relevant examination bodies).
- The Pre-Admission Screening will be based on Point Grading System by reducing the UTME Score to 70%, plus O’Level Subjects Results Aggregate of 30%, equal to100%.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application forms can be obtained online via www.unibuja.com. On the website, click Pre-Admission Screening, print procedure to access sales of forms, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR), make payment online. Fill the form online, save and submit FIVE BEST RELEVANT O’LEVEL SUBJECTS. Then print Online Pre-Admission Screening Acknowledgement Slip/Receipt from the Portal.
University of Abuja School Portal:
This portal is a gateway to several services that are available to students on the institution. From this portal, students concerned can gain access to the PostGraduate School portal (for the school of post-graduate studies), and there are also links to other places like the undergraduate portal, Centre for Distance Learning, Institute of Education, Remedial studies and other programs.
Once you get linked to other places as your case may be, more options for accessing more relevant services become available to you.
University of Abuja School Fees:
The University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) school fees schedule for fresh undergraduate students of the university for the 2016/2017 academic session has been released.
UNIABUJA UNDERGRADUATES FEES.
NEW STUDENTS (100 Level and Direct Entry)
|s/no.||ITEM||CODES||(BIO/GEO)||OTHER SCIENCES||NON SCIENCES|
|19.||FIELD TRIP (GEO/BIO)||1184||2,000||—||—|
|20.||JAMB REGULARIZATION FEE||5,000||5,000||5,000|