Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike(MOUAU) is one of the three specialized universities of agriculture established by the Federal government of Nigeria in 1992. The University is located in the well-known agricultural training and research community of Umudike in the south Eastern zone of Nigeria.
- Agric- Business
- Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology
- Agricultural Science and Education
- Banking and Finance (Mgt)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Computer Science
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Fisheries And Aquatic Resources Management
- Food Science and Technology
- Forestry and Environmental Management
- Home Economics
- Home Economics and Education
- Hotel Management and Tourism
- Industrial Technology Education
- Library and Information Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Plant Science and Biotechnology
- Soil Science
- Veterinary Medicine
- Zoology and Environmental Biology
The University offers undergraduate degree and postgraduate degree programmes in all major disciplines. The Postgraduate College currently has 264 programmes. Short-term/summer visiting programmes are available for foreign students.
Admissions Procedure: UTME
- Candidates with a valid email address are led to pay application fee (candidates are to pay either online or via bank deposit).
- On payment, the candidate is issued with a receipt which contains receipt number.
- Afterwards, the candidate now visits the portal and enters the receipt number in the column provided on the portal.
- Candidate is then redirected to a page to register for PUTME exams by filling a form online and selecting proposed department and other requisite details.
- Afterwards, the candidate must submit the form and then print out one copy for personal use. The system also automatically sends a copy of the submitted form to the candidates email for records.
- When coming for the exams, the candidate is required to bring the printed copy of the submitted form containing the candidates unique exam number and also showing evidence that the candidate has registered for the exams.
- Once exams are written and results are released, candidate is required to visit the school portal to check their result.
PG APPLICATION PROCESS
- Candidate should visit www.mouauportal.edu.ng
- Click on (PG and CEC) Online Application for the current session
- Candidate fills PG Application form and submits
- A PG Application Number (PAN) is autogenerated on the system
- Candidate is directed to pay application fee
- Candidate selects payment mode (either online payment or bank deposit). On payment, the candidate is issued with a receipt which contains receipt number.
- Candidate now visits the portal. Click on PG Regular and now select your appropriate program, Masters, PHD or PGD.
- Enter PAN/FORM Number screen.
- Enter receipt number on required screen.
- Now candidate is led to completely fill the PG application form in detail
Note: Some fields are prefilled based on first form filled.
- Candidate submits and can take print out after executing the Submit button. The system automatically sends a copy of submitted forms to candidates email for records.
The following are required for the candidate to accurately fill the form.
- OLevel Certificate
- Degree Certificates
- Official Transcript of your Academic work
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Professional Certificate obtained (Max. of 4) Also note that if your Institution is sending your transcript, Kindly furnish them with your PAN so that they indicate it on the envelope being sent to MOUAU PGSCHOOL.
Applicants seeking admission into First Year of any degree course in the University must be qualified for admission before the beginning of the session in which they wish to enter. The applicants must meet the following:
- The general entrance requirements, and
- Additional College or Departmental course requirements.
Intending Students of the University are advised to go through the Admission requirements to ensure that they had satisfied the requirements before they apply for Admission.
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENT
The minimum age for admission is 16 years. Students are admitted into the University degree programmes through a competitive entrance examination (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination – UTME) organized by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). A candidate must in addition have an acceptable score in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Examination or a Diploma, NCE with at least lower credit. The candidate should at least possess a minimum of 5 credit passes at the SSCE or equivalent obtained at not more than 2 sittings in relevant subjects including English and Mathematics.
The B. Agriculture programme, requires five credit passes in SSCE/WASC/GCE O Level which must include Chemistry, Biology/ Agricultural Science, Mathematics, Physics and English Language. However, every applicant must have attempted Physics and Mathematics at WASC/SSCE/GCE O Level. The exact requirements of different programmes which may be modified from time to time by the university Senate could be obtained from the University Registry as well as JAMBs information publications for potential students.
The school portal is the place for all registration, payment and related student matters. It can be accessed by clicking on the following link (for both new and returning students).
School Fees Schedule
FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
|2.||OTHER REGISTRATION CHARGES FOR ALL COLLEGES||41,000|
NOTE: REMITA CHARGE OF ₦500 WILL BE ADDED TO THE ABOVE CHARGES
REGISTRATION CHARGES SIWES
VET MEDICINE ₦35,500
CEET/COLPAS/COLNAS/CASE/CAFST ₦33,500 ₦34,300
COLMAS/CASAP/CCSS/CAERSE/CNREM/CGCS ₦31,500 ₦32,300
NEW HOSTEL (OPTIONAL) ₦50,000
OLD HOSTEL (OPTIONAL) ₦10,000