Tech giants Apple Inc. recently released a brand new series of iPhones called iPhone 11 series. This series includes iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro. The iPhone 11 is the least expensive model in the series. It is also the direct successor to the hugely successful iPhone XR. In many ways, both phones bear striking similarities, and the former is hugely regarded as an upgrade of the latter.
This post is about the iPhone 11. Here we discuss the specifications, the price, reviews, and all relevant details. If you intend to purchase this phone anytime soon, or you know someone in that category, this post is for you. Do well to go through the information we have presented to you here.
iPhone 11 Specifications:
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes (1 Gbps downloads)
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 11(1500), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 21(1500), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 32(1500), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 42(3500), 46, 48, 66(1700/2100)
- 5G: No
- 5G: No
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic.)
- Available colours: Yellow, Green, White, Black, Purple, Red
- Barometer: Yes
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3110 mAh battery (11.91 Wh)
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- Build: Aluminium frame (7000 series), front and back glass
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes (Apple Pay)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: No
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- Chipset: Apple A13 Bionic (7 nm+)
- CPU: Hexa-core (2×2.65 GHz Lightning + 4×1.8 GHz Thunder)
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Dimensions: 150.9mm X 75.7mm X 8.3mm
- Display resolution: 838 X 1792 pixels; 19.5:9 ratio
- Display: Liquid Retina IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours
- Document Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- Face Unlock: Yes (Face ID)
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- FM Radio: No
- GPRS: Yes
- GPU: Apple GPU (4-core graphics)
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- HSPA+: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Siri)
- Internal memory: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 256GB 4GB RAM
- Internet & Connectivity
- Iris Scanner: No
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus
- Maps: Yes
- Memory Card Support: No
- Music Player: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Network Support
- NFC: Yes
- Operating system: iOS 13, upgradable to iOS 13.2
- Pedometer: No
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Rear camera video: 2160p@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, HDR, stereo sound recorder
- Rear camera: 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, PDAF, OIS & 12 MP, f/2.4, 13mm (ultrawide)
- Selfie camera video: 2160p@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie camera: 12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm (wide)
- Sensors: Face ID, barometer, proximity, accelerometer, three-axis gyro, and ambient light
- Sim card: Single/Dual SIM
- SIM Type: Nano and eSIM
- Size: 6.1 inches
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Stylus Pen: No
- USB Port: USB 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- USB: 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Video Editor: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Weight: 194 grams
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: No
- Wireless Charging: Qi Wireless Charging
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band
There are no major surprises in the hardware department of the iPhone 11. Several elements that featured in the iPhone X series were repeated in the iPhone 11. The strengthened glass is present on the front and back of the phone, while the frame is made of fine aluminium. However, much unlike the iPhone 11 Pro, the iPhone 11 is not scratch-resistant.
Three functions are located on the left side of the phone, which are the ring/silent switch key and the volume keys. On the right-hand side, you have the SIM tray and the power button. The iPhone 11 model supports nano-SIM, dual SIM and e-SIM. However, old/existing micro-SIMS are not likely to work on iPhone 11. Keep that in mind.
At the bottom of the phone is found the charging port and loudspeaker. At the back, there’s the trademark iPhone logo, above which are the dual camera lenses.
The iPhone 11 has the same screen features as the iPhone XR. It comes with an identical 6.1 inch IPS LCD screen with a fair notch, which is to be expected from any reasonable smartphone in this time and age. However, the iPhone 11 sports thicker bezels and a pixel density of 326 PPI. These features enhance the quality of screen display, while it also has an inbuilt light-sensitive functionality called ‘True Tone’ which automatically adjusts the white balance in varying lighting conditions.
The iPhone 11 comes packed with a non-removable Li-ion 3100mAh battery. It also comes with a powerful 5W charger, which should take approximately 3 hours to charge the battery fully. If you do not like using the wired charger, there is also room for Qi wireless charging.
Processor and Storage:
This device comes with the revolutionary A13 Bionic chipset, coupled with 4 GB RAM. There are different non-expandable storage capacity options, which include 64 Gigabytes to 128 Gigabytes and 256 Gigabytes. Generally speaking, the performance of the iPhone 11 is just the same as the pro edition. However, it is far better and more efficient than any android processor. Overheating is also not a problem, thanks to inbuilt graphene layers which help to diffuse the heat. This is good news for movie and game lovers.
Software and Operating System:
iPhone 11 comes with several amazing software features. It runs on the latest iOS version 13.1, which features night-mode for all applications. This can turn all menus in all applications from white to black, as long as the ‘dark-mode’ function is activated. The phone also replaces 3D touch with Haptic touch, which enables you to enable certain functions or perform certain tasks via a long press. Facial recognition via 3d face mapping is also another feature of this OS, and users can unlock their phones by their looks. Water-resistance is also provided on this phone, and according to official release reports, the phone can withstand water pressure at a depth of 2 meters for at least half an hour.
The iPhone 11 features a 12-megapixel primary camera and an extra 12-megapixel ultrawide shooter. The iPhone 11 Pro features a third telephoto camera. However, with the primary and ultrawide camera, the iPhone 11 still brings an amazing range and fine details for photographs. The ‘Capture Outside Frame’ feature enables you to expand the camera angle to capture elements that would otherwise not fit into the previous photoshoot. This feature is available for both pictures and videos.
The second camera (ultrawide camera) is a relatively normal camera with no outlandish capabilities. However, pictures taken with this are great and with nice colour contrast and detail. When you want to take pictures in portrait mode, the phone automatically uses the primary camera. When taking pictures under poor lighting conditions, the phone automatically switches you to night mode to enhance the quality. Amazingly, pictures were taken in dim light still come out clean, clear, colourful and with a lot of detail. However, night mode only works for the primary camera. If you try to take a picture with the ultrawide camera in dim light, you’d most likely regret it.
In front of the phone lies the 12-megapixel selfie camera. It comes with a considerably wider lens (23mm). The camera uses Smart HDR, which enhances the photo and video quality by providing clearer detail, better resolution and sharpening. Slo-mos of all sorts are available via the selfie camera; so if you are a picture freak, this phone will sure keep you busy.
Accessibility and Assistance:
These features are provided mainly for people living with disabilities to be able to navigate easily around the device. However, they also come in handy for people who want to have an easy time using their phones. Accessibility functions include:
- Assistive touch
- Closed Captions
- RTT and TTY support
- Siri and Dictation
- Speak Screen
- Switch Control
- Type to Siri
- Voice Control
The device comes with two inbuilt stereo speakers for calls, music, movies and games. Even though they are not as powerful as those found in the iPhone 11 pro, they are a good value for your money. Rich sound plus adequate bass offers you amazing sound quality for calls and music.
The phone comes in a trademark Apple box with the following items:
- Earpods (with appropriate lightning connector)
- USB adapter
- USB cable
The iPhone 11 was released in September 2019 at a starting price of $699 (for the 64 GB model), which is equivalent to NGN 252,339 naira. The 256 GB model costs significantly more, starting at $849 (NGN 306,489 naira).
Find below some reviews of people who purchased and are currently using the iPhone 11.
– Drouhin Rathore: “Been using it since its launch and it’s so good! Loving it!”
– Rodrigo: “It’s an amazing phone. I upgraded from the iPhone 6 that I had since 2014 and it’s crazy fast. And the battery life is way better.”
– Endri Jazexhi: “Everything is silky smooth and seamless”