The Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi is one of Nigeria’s specialized agriculture-oriented universities. It is located in Makurdi, Benue State, in North central Nigeria. The university was established in 1988 and is also known as FUAM (University of Agriculture, Makurdi).
FUAM Faculties & Courses:
The University of Agriculture, Makurdi has over 30 departments in ten colleges. They are:
- College of Agronomy
- College of Agricultural Economics and Extension
- College of Engineering
- College of Animal Science
- College of Food Technology
- College of Sciences
- College of Agricultural Science Education
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- College of Forestry and Fisheries
- College of Management Science
For outreach and public service support, UAM has established a Co-operative Extension Centre
(CEC) and a Centre for Food and Agricultural Strategy (CEFAS). In addition, the following
programmes are currently run at the institution:
- Research and extension programmes
- Ruminants programmes
- Rural infrastructures programmes
- Root and tubers programme
- Agricultural mechanization
- Farming systems programmes
- Cereals and legumes programmes
- Socio-economics programme
- Environmental and analytical studies programmes
- Forestry and horticulture programme
- Non-ruminants programmes
Currently, the departments and courses that are offered at the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi are:
» Accountancy / Accounting
» Agricultural Economics and Extension
» Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
» Agricultural Engineering
» Agricultural Science and Education
» Animal Science
» Banking and Finance (Admin)
» Civil Engineering
» Computer Science
» Crop And Environmental Protection
» Crop Production
» Education and Biology
» Education and Chemistry
» Education and Physics
» Electrical / Electronic Engineering
» Fisheries and Aquaculture
» Food Science And Technology
» Home Science and Management
» Industrial Physics
» Mathematics / Computer Science
» Mathematics / Computer Science Education
» Mechanical Engineering
» Plant Breeding And Seed Science
» Science Education
» Soil Science
» Statistics / Computer Science Education
» Statistics and Computer Science
» Statistics Education
» Veterinary Medicine
» Veterinary Science
FUAM Admission Procedure:
Admission into undergraduate programs at the University of Agriculture, Makurdi is based on UTME only. Candidates who sat for UTME, chose the university as their first choice institution and also had satisfactory scores and are considered eligible are often offered provisional admission, which qualifies them for a screening exercise.
SCREENING EXERCISE FOR ADMITTED CANDIDATES
All applicants offered admission into University of Agriculture, Makurdi are usually invited to attend a screening exercise in the school on a date that is usually announced.
Candidates MUST confirm from the University Website that they have been offered admission before they are eligible to attend the screening exercise.
- Check the University website to confirm that your name is on the admission list.
- Go to the university website link and confirm that you meet the admission requirement of the programme of study.
- Check the JAMB website and print a coloured copy of your original admission letter from jambonline.org to be tendered during clearance at Academic Office.
After paying the requisite fees, candidates are expected to come along with the following on the Screening Exercise day:
- Evidence of Payment of Acceptance fee (Payment Slip)
- A coloured Printout of original Admission Letter from JAMB website
- Signed copy of Acceptance of Offer of Provisional Admission from the University Portal
- Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age
- Original and photocopy of O Level certificates/statement of results, NCE and diploma
- Two copies of passport photograph
- Certificate of State of Origin from your Local Government (for Nigerians only)
- Procured unused WAEC and/or NECO scratch card for checking/confirmation of your O/Level Results.
FUAM School Fees:
Freshers (UTME and DE): N53,000 – N55,000 only (depending on the course of study)
Returning Students (200 Level, 300 Level, 400 Level and 500 Level): 18,000 – 20,000 naira (depending on the course of study)
Payment Options for Acceptance Fee (for freshers) and School Charges
Admitted candidates have three payment options to pay a non-refundable acceptance fee of N12,850 only. But you should first go to the University website and generate an RRR number that you will use for transaction.
The payment options are:
- Internet Banking: Go to the University website and follow the instructions on the website to make the payment on the portal using your bank ATM card.
- Mobile Banking: Use your ATM card on a mobile device (i.e. internet-ready handset, ipad, etc) on the portal link, Follow the instructions stated.
- Bank Branch: Go to any branch (nation-wide) of all the commercial banks on REMITTA
Note: The text instructions/guidelines of how to make payment using the three options is contained on the school website link. Candidates will be given a Payment Slip from the Bank or print the slip online (if payment is made using ATM debit card).
The school portal is like the school’s online administrative office. All issues pertaining to student’s administration and welfare are addressed here and mostly solved without stress. The school portal can be accessed via any of the following two ways:
- By clicking on the ‘portal’ link on the school website (www.uam.edu.ng). This takes you straight to the portal home page.
- Alternatively, you can just type the direct portal address in your browser: portal.uam.edu.ng.
Once there, the following services are as options available for selection.
Student login: Use your matriculation number or jamb registration number (for old and new students respectively) as your username in the ‘log-in’ column. The password will be the PIN on your payment slip (for first time users in that semester), while if it is a subsequent log in attempt, you can use your previous chosen password.
Once you log in successfully, you can now begin to access all the services the school offers on its portal.