On Friday, April 17, 2020, President Muhammadu Buhari Chief of Staff dead due to coronavirus disease. Late Abba Kyari was taken to Lagos shortly after he was tested positive from the harmful coronavirus which has resulted in many nations locking down their borders.
NigerianFacts, hereby, brings you 10 interesting facts you need to know about Late Abba Kyari:
1. Abba Kyari was born in Borno State, Tuesday, September 23, 1952.
2. He was an entrepreneur, lawyer and politician.
3. In 1980, he graduated from the University of Warwick, the United Kingdom with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology.
4. In addition to his Bachelor Degree, he studied law from the University of Cambridge, England, in 1983. He was justly called to Nigerian Bar after attending Nigerian Law School in 1983. Due to his huge ambition, he furthered his education International Institute for Management Development in Lausanne, Switzerland. In 1992 and 1994, at Harvard Business School, he also partook in the Program for Management Development.
5. While he was in Kaduna, he worked as an Editor with the New Africa Holdings Ltd in 1988. Also, he was appointed as Commissioner in Borno State Executive Council for Forestry and Animal Resources in 1990.
6. From 2000 in 2005, he served as Honorary member of the Presidential Advisory Council on Investment.
7. In 2002, he worked for United Bank for Africa as an Executive Director and also held Director position in Unilever Nigeria Plc same year.
8. Kyari was appointed as the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari in August 2015.
9. Abba Kyari was a titleholder of the Nigerian Honour Award of the Order of the Niger (O.O.N).
10. He deceased after suffering form coronavirus disease. He was lawfully married to Hajiya Kulu Kyari with four beloved children.